Title: Delivering secure, real-time business insights for the Industrial World
Abstract: Organizations across all industries recognize the value opportunity embedded within the Internet of Things. However many remain unclear about its potential within their own business or about how best to evolve existing physical and information infrastructures and take advantage of the immense opportunity offered by connected devices. It’s time to seize the opportunity to disrupt the status quo to your advantage with the Internet of Things.
Brian Dalgetty, Director of Marketing,
Internet of Things division, IBM Analytics BU
Brian currently leads the Marketing and Portfolio team for IBM’s new Internet of Things division, within the Analytics business unit. This role includes covering a portfolio of Engineering Solutions, Operations Solutions, Business Transformation Solutions, and managing an Industry Strategy and Go To Market team.
Brian has more than 25 years of Systems & IT experience with a focus on; developing new products, building new brands, launching industry solutions and starting new businesses. He has led product development, systems engineering, solutions management, product management and marketing teams responsible for the design of laptops, handhelds, desktops, servers, printers, software and Internet of Things solutions.
He began his career at IBM in printer product development responsible for the electromagnetic design of serial dot-matrix print heads. Additional assignments at IBM have included;
– Systems Engineering Manager for Desktop Products: managing teams of engineers responsible for the all aspects of electrical, mechanical, and software product development.
– Mobile Brand Manager: responsible for launching the ThinkPad i Series notebook product line.
– Director of Desktop Product Management: managing the team responsible for IBM’s workstations, commercial, and consumer desktop products.
– Director of Market Development and Alliances: responsible for developing wireless, security, manageability solutions and creating industry alliances with companies including; Intel, Cisco, Microsoft, Nokia, Nextel, Kodak, and RSA.
– Director and GM of the Sensor Solutions business, focused on developing targeted industry solutions using wireless and sensor-based technologies like RFID that enable Machine to Machine (M2M) interactions and support the Internet of Things (IoT).
– Director of IBM Smarter Cities Product Management & Strategy team responsible for building a new portfolio of software solution products to improve city services across; City Operations & Planning, Public Safety, Emergency Response, Water Management, Transportation, Ports, Airports, and Stadiums.
– Director of Continuous Engineering responsible for Product & Systems Development and Rational Industry Solutions marketing.
Brian earned a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He completed his master’s thesis in the MIT robotics laboratory optimizing the design and system performance of a direct drive robotic arm.